The vineyards

"Königin Victoriaberg" consists of 5 hectares (12.5 acres) and is nestled on the banks of the Main River close to the picturesque town of Hochheim. This single vineyard site has been solely owned and cultivated by the Hupfeld family for over 80 years.

In the recent classification of German vineyards Königin Victoriaberg has been donned the title of "Erste Lage", or "First Growth", underlining its supreme quality as a vineyard site. The grapes thrive in sandy loess soil, their ripening enhanced by the sun shining on southern slopes. The Main River reflects the sun’s rays, provides additional warmth, and in turn heightens the quality of the fruit. Following Rheingau tradition, 90 percent of the vineyards are planted with Riesling; the remaining 10 percent are reserved for Chardonnay.

These optimal conditions aid us in the production of wines of superior quality and longevity. The spicy, fruity flavour and distinctive elegance are prized by wine lovers around the world.

Our Königin Victoriaberg wines have been hailed by wine connoisseur Hugh Johnson as "among the most elegant wines originating in Hochheim" (Hugh Johnson: World Atlas of Wine, Fifth Edition, pg. 227). As a member of the VDP (Verband Deutscher Prädikats- und Qualitätsweingüter) we must adhere to strict rules and regulations, which further guarantee exceptional quality and signify that our Königin Victoriaberg wine estate is amid the most noteworthy estates in Germany.